Today my high school prom date posted a throwback pic to high school graduation, 30 years ago. I have the same reaction every time I see it. Why was my hair was orange? When I look at this picture, I feel all the feelings, all over again. I see the happy faces of four people who didn't have a clue, but thought that they did and that right there makes me want to weep. Boy if I could write a little note to each one of us that started with "Before you go..."
Many of my friends are sending their kids off to college, the St. Elmo's Fire theme isn't playing in the background of their pictures, but the expressions on the faces remain the same. Look out world, I'm coming to kick your ass.
Segway...
Ken Burns is Grace's history teacher
this year, and I am crying right
through the Roosevelt series. Who
knew Ken Burns could hook you in
like the damn Notebook... but what strikes me throughout is that they couldn't make those series so compelling without ALL the pictures..
This generation will have more photos taken of them then any in history and nothing to show for it, seen through the glow of a cellphone, only to be replaced by more when your storage runs out.
So I challenge you to go to Blurb and make a book. I do this every year with my instagram photos. It takes 30 minutes.
Artifact Uprising is one of the best companies I discovered this year. Make a bunch of square images and throw them around the house and pick them up and look at them.
Framebridge is a framing company that lets you upload an image, and then shows you all the different mattes and frames and how large it will be on the wall for $39 plus bucks. This I can't wait to try. You can get a 26x20 frame for $99 with the pic ready to hang and free shipping. I discovered them on the Happier podcast.
So everyone go do it and then send me pics of your books!!!
Many of my friends are sending their kids off to college, the St. Elmo's Fire theme isn't playing in the background of their pictures, but the expressions on the faces remain the same. Look out world, I'm coming to kick your ass.
Segway...
Ken Burns is Grace's history teacher
this year, and I am crying right
through the Roosevelt series. Who
knew Ken Burns could hook you in
like the damn Notebook... but what strikes me throughout is that they couldn't make those series so compelling without ALL the pictures..
This generation will have more photos taken of them then any in history and nothing to show for it, seen through the glow of a cellphone, only to be replaced by more when your storage runs out.
![]() |
| My great grandpa in WWI, who told me once his favorite President was Teddy Roosevelt. |
So I challenge you to go to Blurb and make a book. I do this every year with my instagram photos. It takes 30 minutes.
Artifact Uprising is one of the best companies I discovered this year. Make a bunch of square images and throw them around the house and pick them up and look at them.
Framebridge is a framing company that lets you upload an image, and then shows you all the different mattes and frames and how large it will be on the wall for $39 plus bucks. This I can't wait to try. You can get a 26x20 frame for $99 with the pic ready to hang and free shipping. I discovered them on the Happier podcast.
So everyone go do it and then send me pics of your books!!!


Hi,
ReplyDeleteYour article is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Herbal Sex Medicine for Men